Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New year, new resolutions, new villages

Yes, the calendar officially flipped over to 2012 this past weekend.  More importantly, for me, my oldest baby is getting ready to turn 9 (gasp!), I just signed up for my 7th marathon this spring (yikes!), my mother is undergoing a kidney transplant in 2 weeks (hurray!), I'm gearing up for a certain, ahem, milestone birthday this year (ahhhh!), and I officially closed the book on the first full year of the life of Pediatric Housecalls (roar!).  As I fight the urge to feel overwhelmed at all that life has in store this coming year I find myself looking forward to finding new ways to connect to others....to create that "village" that sustains so many of us.  And I guess that since I personally anticipate calling upon my own  "village" for help a lot this year, I'd like to make a better effort at contributing to that collective "village" that I imagine all of you rely on to help you make the best decisions, accomplish your greatest dreams, and move forward with ease and confidence.  So here you go...my renewed committment to sharing information, and connecting to my patients and families.  I plan on meeting you all here more often this year, and I hope that you'll consider me part of your village.

No comments:

Post a Comment